Here are some personal reflections on what to do and NOT do when it comes to being creative this year:
- STOP HOARDING! Yes - that's my number 1 this year. I'm really aiming for just using the stuff I already have at home and that's A LOT. Not buying a lot of stuff just because it´s pretty or looks cool.
- Not getting caught in some monthly kit of any kind. I just keep ending up with a lot of stuff that I will never use. I do have one now that I have to get through for one or two times more, but after that it´s over.
- I just need ONE planner to dabble with.
- Do challenges but trying to be realistic about how many I can do in a month.
- Make my Project Life 2018 all digital! I still haven't finished with 2017 and I'm stuck at February...
- Make more paper layouts.
- Making more canvases and art journaling.
- Schedule crafting for once a week. I need this. Just knowing that I have made time for it in my planner so I can be more focused on everything else.
- Just having FUN and letting go of all expectations.
- Getting inspired - not overwhelmed. My own work is good enough.
Have you a list? What are your thoughts when it comes to your creativity? It will be fun to checking this list in a month or so just to see how it works out.
Speaking of challenges - it´s a new month which means I can reveal TWO for you today. The first one is my Art Journaling challenge over at TDC:
This month I want you to make a page using a quote or a saying that means a lot to you. You can read all about it by clicking on the pic above. Here's a closer look at my layout:
I would LOVE if you join me this month! 💖
The other challenge I'm super excited about is the new casefile over at CSI:
There are new rules now and you can freestyle your very own take which is so exciting! Read all about it on the CSI blog. I got really inspired by all the wonderful colors and for some reason the winter themed pic made me think about making New Year's resolutions:
The kit I used is called "A new me" by Magical Scraps Galore, TDC:
So here's to a creative and fun 2018!