Thursday, May 08, 2014

From my art journal

Last Sunday I blogged at Pysseldags with a new page from one of my art journals. And yes I have a couple of different laying around - don´t ask me why it is that way...  The one I´m showing you today is actually an old book I bought in a thrift store where I glue a couple of pages together to get more sturdy paper to paint on + the text inside gives a nice touch when it shines through.



On this project I started with painting the pages with white acrylic paint. When it had dried I used some lovely pinks, green and white Dylusions together with a heart mask from Heidi Swapp. To be honest I was not really sure about the whole thing since it looked like a total mess. I wish I had taken a photo at that stage. From the beginning I had already thought about the quote - hence the hearts and the keys - which says "You got the key to my heart" in Swedish so the thought about the woman head popped into my head.  With oodles of white and flesh colored acrylics I got a better skin tone on the face and I´m pretty satisfied with the outcome. If you wanna read more about what I used from Pysseldags you can find my posting HERE.


Remember I told you in the last post I was going to check out the iNSD sales in digiland? Well, maybe I´m spoiled being on the teams for so many wonderful designers that all I bought was an awesome grab bag from Little Butterfly Wings at The Lily-Pad. I got to choose 5 products of my liking in her store for only $5! Here´s what I got:


 
 
To top it all I also got the new DigiFiles from The Daily Digi and it was an awesome collection of kits! Grab it if you haven´t!

Let me just finish my blog post with my latest layout that I made for ScrapStacks May Pack using Girlie Girl kit by Peppermint Creative:



No comments: