Monday, October 21, 2013

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Hi all of you!

I spent all of my weekend at Reprint and had classes teaching how to make ATC cards. It was lots of fun - and a lot of work! LOL! They all got to do cards in vintage style with a twist:


The base of the cards is white cardstock that I colored using Distress Paint from Tim Holtz. I´ve also been using All-purpose Ink Vegas Gold for one. Some of them got some extra texture using embossing folders too. I cut out angels and girls from some vintage papers and added stamps, butterflies, bling and stickles. Then I used the funny little text stamps to give a little more edge. All the materials used are from Reprint.

Since my last visit I´ve also made some new digital layouts and I just HAVE to start with a kit from my new designer Angelle Designs. She has made a kit themed on the Sherlock TV show from BBC which I totally love!!! I could hardly stop myself creating and ended up with FOUR layouts!!! First the kit:


...and here are my layouts:





When I checked my gallery over at My Scrapbook Arts there was the most wonderful surprise: My layout below had been chosen as a "Gallery Standout":


Laura´s motivation for picking my layout really made my day: 
The mixed media look is used to great effect on this layout. From the woodgrain background with its fun burnt title to the painted word transfer, there’s so much that’s on trend about this page. I love the feathers, particularly in the bold tones. The colors add such extra zing to this layout. Wonderful page!

If you wonder where all the goodies came from to make the layout - this is the kit:


Mari and Shawna have really made an awesome color combo and I´m sure I´ll be using it a lot in the coming weeks.

The last one that I´m showing you today is this little art journaling layout:


For this one I used the new kit by Juno Designs called Season of Change:


Right now it´s available as a part of the Mixed Matters over at ScrapMatters and this one is #5. She´s releasing it later as a solo kit.
I don´t want to forget to mention that the doll is made with a doll template by Tangie Baxter.

Hope you all get to have a wonderful week!
Hugs, Carina



No comments: