Thursday, March 29, 2012

Longest pause ever....

Hi again! It´s me - Carina. Do you remember me? Can´t blame you if you don´t *giggles*! Believe me when I say that I did not plan to be absent for almost a month. Things have really been super busy around here, but I´m hoping to get into the blogging swing again now.

I see I passed the 10 000 mark, but I haven´t any surprise for you today I´m afraid. But I promise - it´s coming this weekend! ;D

So what have I´ve been up to then these last weeks? I´m not gonna bore you so I´m sticking to my crafty/digital stuff. This time I´m sticking to linked picks mainly so you can check them out more in detail.

Digital stuff:

   


    


    




    


    

Crafty Stuff for Reprint:









Are you still here? Good - since I´m not finished yet....
Lucky me I got to try our the Spectrum Noir pens from Crafter´s Companion. They´re an alcohol based pen similar to Copics and ProMarkers, but much cheaper. They come in a wide range of colors, are refillable and you can exchange the nib. I´ve used them on the cards above with the girl and the bear. Now I´ve been testing them a little more and I thought I´d show you the same stamped motif colored either with ProMarkers or Spectrum Noir. I tried to get colors that were alike but it was really hard. I´m gonna let you guess which is which - and no cheating by checking further down! ;D

#1


#2


Can you see it???
-
-
-
-
-
-

OK - the #1 is colored with ProMarkers and #2 is colored with Spectrum Noir.

How about this lady?


Don´t mind that the hat looks a bit fussy - it´s actually my photo that´s a bit blurry...
Well - she´s colored with BOTH ProMarkers and Spectrum Noir.

So what´s my personal opinion? It´s no secret I´m a hardcore ProMarker, but I have to say that the Spectrum Noir pens impressed me with their rich colors AND that they´re really affordable! The Spectrum Noir pens are sold in packs of 6 for about 75 SEK and one ProMarker pen costs about 30-35 SEK each. 

The motives I colored are digital stamps from Tiddly Inks, printed on photo album paper on a regular inkjet printer from Epson. As you can see if you look closer on the pics above the Spectrum Noir pens seem to have a tendency to bleed a little more, but I think it´s more the paper than the ink.

My conclusion: I love my ProMarkers but will use my Spectrum Noir pens as a complement for all the gorgeous colors! With the right paper and ink they´ll be a PERFECT match!

Lots of hugs
/Carina










No comments: