Thursday, January 06, 2011

Fresh start

I´ve made an art journal for the first time in my life! I´ve been looking around the internet for some inspiration but finding a good book to do it in has been hard to find around here.

So to my surprise I found a book for photos on sale at our supermarket (ICA Maxi in Jönköping) for the fab price of 29 sek and I thought I´d give it a go. At least I can draw in it and paint with distress ink or markers in it since the papers are a bit thicker than an ordinary writing book. I still want one with even thicker pages so I could use paint more fluently or with acrylics, but this will due as a starting point.

Of course I couldn´t just be satisfied with not doing anything with the cover – I want it to be more personal. So here are some pics:

Here´s how it looked when I got it – not bad but still not personal…

110105 047

….and after:

110106 061

I used a vellum paper from Webster´s Pages and stamps from Stampers Anonymous. The girl is hand painted with acrylics and distress ink.

I´ve already made my first page in it – and it´s about my word for 2011:

110106 070

It´s made with distress inks, Brushables and lots of pens…

Now some of you might wonder why I picked an English word since I´m from Sweden but there´s some reasons for that. First of all I like that this word can mean so much more than it would do in Swedish. It actually should be two word in Swedish – fräsch eller frisk – and I didn´t wanna choose. The other reason is that I feel more free with having an English word and I could use it in so many contexts keeping it obvious only to me. 

My next thing I wanna do with it is find a locket or a charm with my word so I can wear it. I wish I could make it myself… ;D

I´ve also made a digital layout with my word with the English definition:

fresh110102

Don´t you just love the colors here? I´ve used a kit called Southern Summer by Erica Zane at ScrapMatters:

image

Have a wonderful evening!/Carina

2 comments:

Krisi and Adam said...

This is beautiful. What about creating a scrabble tile with your word on it?

Jenn (jk703) said...

Looks fantastic Cariina! I think it will be so cool to look at by the end of the year! Jenn (jk703)