Sunday, July 04, 2010

New kit from Graham Like the Cracker and first Hybrid CT project!

The weather here is really HOT  in Sweden which is +31C (87.8F),  and that means going to the lake MANY times!

Today DH and I went to Hjo for some sunbathing and since it´s so hot we had a go for some bathing in lake Vättern which was freezing cold! For you not living in Sweden, Vättern is Sweden´s second largest lake, very deep and well-knowned to be very cold. I swear I couldn´t feel my feet after just a few seconds! It was probably no more than 15-16 degrees (59 degrees F) in the water….

Luckily it´s getting a little cloudy and cooler now in the evening and the plants wouldn´t say no to a little rain….

Now on to the scrapping stuff!!!

I got a new gorgeous kit from Graham Like the Cracker to work with called Drift Away + some extra stuff:

image

You can  buy all these goodies separately but this weekend you get it ALL for $7.00 here or here. Hurry up and save 56% shopping TODAY!

I made these two:

croatia2-100630 croatia1-100629

As you might have read before I´m guest hybrid ct at ScrapMatters this month and when I saw this awesome kit from Jennifer Barrette I knew exactly what I wanted to do:

image

So what did I do? A little mini-book about my 5 fav authors!

DSC_0028

Here´s my little guide to this project:

First off I needed some cardboard as a base for the pages so I decided to reuse a box we had at home – love the idea of reuse & recycle…..

DSC_0011

For you living in Sweden I think you can all see what this is (and probably others too)… ;) So save your boxes!!!!

I took one of the sides and cut it into squares sized 8x9 cm (3.14x3.54 inch) and punched holes in one side:

DSC_0012DSC_0014

Then I covered one side with a brown cardstock paper from Bazzill.

Next step was to create the pages in my computer using the Summer Reading kit. I print on matte photo paper for my writer which is a Canon.

This is what I got now:

DSC_0016

Now comes the fun part which is getting it all together! So out with scissors, glue, stamps,distress ink and embies…..

DSC_0023

Here are all the pages + front when they´re finished:

DSC_0026

All I had to do now was to assemble the album with some nice ribbons et voilá:

DSC_0028

DSC_0035

So don´t discart your old stuff – reuse and recycle!

Now I have two NEW kits waiting for me from Erica Zane and Mari Koegelenberg – lovely!!!!

I´m leaving you all with a pic of my chocolate chip muffins I made the other day….

DSC_0008

blog signature 1

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Smart!! Måste testa, men har en fråga hur får du kanterna så snygga? Vad använder du när du skär i kartongen?

Bonnie said...

Wow Cinna, this is fabulous! Thank you for sharing the "how to" this is something I will HAVE to try! Will link to your post to! thanks!